1929 Sentinel DG4 Tanker
In steam at the Shropshire Steam Rally (SSR) this Birmingham registered waggon was built in Shrewsbury and supplied to A E Knox and used for transporting bricks all over the Midlands.
In 1943 it was acquired by Tom Bridson, Wirral, who converted it to a tar sprayer, in 1974 it was bought by the Jones Brothers, Ruthin, Wales.
It was the last commercially operated steam vehicle in the UK - working until 1984.
Purchase by the present owner, David Hilditch of Welshpool, in 2002 he has completely restored this magnificent waggon.
Photographed at the SSR, Shrewsbury, England in August 2011.
Picture added on 08 August 2013 at 18:18