The Earl of Eldon
16/6/2012. Bournemouth and Poole Steam and Vehicle Show.
The Earl of Eldon is a 1910 Garrett 7 hp General purpose engine.
Supplied new to the Ensome Estate near Corfe Castle it was used for haulage, wood sawing and threshing until the end of WW2.
In 1947 it was bought by Seth Loader and driven down a very steep hill by a young Loader to its new home. It is still in the Loader family and they take it to many shows.
Works number 28758 reg number FX 7239.
This is the first of about 40 or so both full size and miniature Steam Traction engines at the show..
Picture added on 30 June 2012 at 14:32